Wednesday, May 30, 2012

R1 - End of the Year

The end of the school year is my favorite time of the year because it means a whole summer away from high school. I feel like the end of the school year symbolizes a time for change. Many people come back from summer different than the last year. Though it is only 2 months, that time is critical in a student’s life because it’s a time to relax and prepare for another 8 months of learning. I personally love the end of this year because I don’t have to come back. High school is a tough place for many people because we think that who we are in high school is who were going to be forever. It’s hard to get around the idea that the friends you have now aren’t going to always be around. They won’t matter as you take you’re first promotion at a job you worked to get.
High School has its purpose it’s something that takes four years of your life to teach you the basics of education. Some understand it better than others, some drop out, and some wish it all to be over. I can’t think of a time that I will always want to remember because I’ve changed so much over the years. I know that the second I throw my cap in the air I will be on my own and none of those things will matter. 
                Alden’s education system is one of the best public schools I know, of course, but I can’t lie and say I will be sad to leave. I want to go and use the knowledge I’ve learned here and apply it in the outside world. Summer is my favorite time of year. I am very excited to graduate and head off to a new life. It’s been real Alden High School.
It’s been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment