Thursday, May 17, 2012

Q2 - Cultural Icon Kirk Franklin

I have already written about my favorite actor, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, so I will not write about him anymore. I have chosen someone from my favorite genre of music. Gospel music has significantly changed my life and it started with a man named Kirk Franklin. Kirk Franklin is a man who has a talent that runs deep but understands the gift God gave him. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that he is blessed with a talent. His music consists of Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, and Contemporary. He directs a chorus of extremely talented people and preaches in the foreground.
Kirk has gotten me through many hard times. His songs, for me, are relatable and truthful. They explain what everyday people feel, every day. He works with some of the best Christian Gospel artists out there. The best thing about Kirk, though, is that he himself is a man who struggles with a bad past but chooses to follow Christ fully, and with joy. He has put 12 albums out in the past two decades. Every one of them have been filled with the best of the best when it comes to Talent and Spirituality. You can tell through his music that he loves himself some Jesus.
Kirk has won seven GRAMMY® Awards, 35 Stellar Awards, 11 Dove Awards (CCM), five NAACP Image Awards, two BET Awards, and an American Music Award.
I can’t imagine how I would have gotten where I am today without the influence of his music.
Kirk directs a chorus of extremely talented and undoubtedly anointed singers. They bring heart, drive, love, and peace to a very sticky situation. It’s a gift that I believes comes directly from God so that he is able to bless people like me with a voice like his. I can honestly say that out of all the music I listen to, Kirk Franklin brings it all to the table. He comes ready to play.   

No comments:

Post a Comment