Thursday, May 17, 2012

Q4- Choice American Idol

I believe that I can write about this now. American Idol is coming to a close this season and we’ve got some seriously good singers poppin’ off. The top three include Joshua Ledet, Jessica Sanchez, and Phillip Phillips. The three are all unique in their own way but Joshua Ledet seems to be the shining star this season. He is an old soul and a throwback for the judges but he kicks the songs out of the park. He can work a microphone to his advantage and he knows just how much power to use. I think that if I had to choose who was going to win before next Thursday night, it would be him. He brings a huge gospel voice to the competition and it’s something the show has missed for a very long time.
He has been compared to Adam Lambert of season 8. He’s always consistent and continually surprising. We don’t have to worry when he gets on stage because we KNOW that he’s going to own the song and make it his own.  This is not the case with young Jessica. She has a very powerful Beyonce-like voice but she doesn’t have the consistency that Beyonce or Joshua has. She has conquered a few songs but fails to show us who she really is. I am surprised that Jessica is in the top 3 because I thought that either Colton Dixon or Skylar Lane was going to take her place, but throughout the season the others just didn’t compare to her power. She has a cruise-ship-like feel to her performance because she doesn’t make it her own. This is Joshua’s strongest point. He makes every song his own and shines every time he gets on stage. I am not sure who will win but I am positive in my heart, Joshua has taken home the prize. He deserves it, he’s an artist.
I don't like Phillip Phillips at all...so there's nothing to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment